We have an opening at JCHFH! This is an exciting position with a growing organization. If you are interested in working with people and have strong construction knowledge we would love to meet you. This is a unique job because you are actively serving Jackson County residents who need a hand up to secure a brighter future. Please review the job description below and submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to submit any questions you may have to the same email address. You may also mail your resume and cover letter to P.O. Box 424, Jefferson, GA 30549.
Job Description: Construction Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FSLA Status: Nonexempt (Part-time 20-32hrs/wk.)
Function: To manage Jackson County Habitat for Humanity (JCHFH)’s new house construction and repair programs that utilize volunteer labor and produces quality homes for low-income families in a safe, affordable manner.
- Education/Formal Training: A general contractor’s license preferred but not required.
- Work Experience: 3 years of experience in single-family construction management, or equivalent experience.
- Aptitudes: Ability to coordinate the construction of single-family dwellings with volunteers and contractors; ability to supervise and manage staff/volunteers/contractors; ability to lift 80 lbs. or more; ability to operate company vehicles, construction tools, and equipment; interest in working with disadvantaged families.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities of new house construction, including but not limited to:
1) Purchase construction materials, tools, and equipment, 2) hire subcontractors where needed, 3) pull appropriate permits and call for inspections, and 4) oversee new house construction.
- Serve as staff liaison for Construction Committee, attends board and executive committee meetings when necessary.
- Ability to work Saturday’s
- Prepare sites for construction.
- Assist homeowners in the following activities, including but not limited to:
1) monitor sweat equity hours when on site, 2) educating homeowners in routine house maintenance, 3) conducting punch list for closing, 4) conducting warranty work.
- Coordinate volunteers ranging from beginner to skilled in construction tasks.
- Organize experienced volunteers to lead work groups.
- Responsible for quality control, including a review of contractor and volunteer work.
- Responsible for safety at the construction site, including but not limited to:
1) Implementation of an emergency plan, 2) ensure that equipment and tools are in good working condition, 3) train volunteers in safety practices and 4) monitor volunteers, including minors, to ensure the safe use of tools and equipment according to age, skill and OSHA and HFHI regulations.
- Work with ED to set project budgets for houses and make adjustments accordingly.
- Review billing statements and authorize payment accordingly.
- Executes pertinent responsibilities of fiscal policies, i.e. credit card.
- Work with ED to obtain in-kind donations of material and services.
- Maintain order and upkeep of construction storage.
- Represent JCHFH at events, and attend conferences/ training as needed with associated travel.
- Supports the mission and programs of JCHFH.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Physical Demands: Strenuous activity requiring the ability to sit, walk, carry, push, pull, lift 80 lbs., climb, and bend.
Working Conditions: Exposure to extreme temperatures, loud noises, and other various adverse working conditions associated with outdoor work.