* Assist with opening store each day by making sure store is clean, ready, has a welcoming appearance, and is safe for customers.
* Responsible for making sure donations are cleaned and priced according to the price guide.
* Assist the ReStore Manager in making sure all slow-moving products are priced down according to policy.
* Check store daily to make sure items are priced correctly and adjust as needed under the direction of the ReStore Manager, and that merchandise is displayed pleasingly.
* Help keep the dock clear, clean, and in an orderly, safe manner.
* Make sure volunteers have an engaging experience.
* Assist with training ReStore Volunteers.
* Assist donors dropping off donations and make sure they have a positive experience donating to the ReStore.
* Use good judgment to determine if the merchandise being donated is saleable.
* Help unload the truck and clean, price, and process building material merchandise and other merchandise as directed by the ReStore Manager.
* Assist in all aspects of the ReStore, checking/repairing, sorting/pricing, cashiering/customer service, loading/unloading, and moving merchandise.
* Assist with overseeing the organization, cleanliness, and operation of the back receiving room.
* Give tax sheet for persons donating items.
* Cover for other ReStore employees in the event of their absence. (Donations Coordinator, Truck Driver, Truck-Helper, and ReStore Manager).
* Reconciling cash register and daily deposits.
* Is familiar with functions of all office equipment (copier, fax, adding machines and cash register), and is proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and computer database management.
* High School diploma.
* Have a valid driver’s license.
* Be 18 years of age or older.
* Have no more than 2 driving violations within the last 5 years.
* Have no major driving violations within the last 5 years such as DUI, failure to stop, reckless driving, driving on a suspended or revoked license, eluding police, etc.
* No at-fault accidents within the last 5 years.
* Pass a drug test prior to employment, once offer of employment has been extended and accepted.
* Good communication skills and the ability to represent Habitat favorably to donors and the public.
* Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality.
* Dependable, motivated, and good problem-solving skills.
* Ability to lift heavy items, stand, squat, bend and climb in and out of truck.
* Knowledge of furniture moving techniques using hand-trucks and similar tools.
* Experience driving a box truck.
Hours: Part time employees will work up to 32hrs. per week. Monday- Saturday, with an additional day off during the week.
Please send all correspondence to these positions to Jgriffeth@jacksoncountyhfh.org
If you or someone you know is interested, please go to the ReStore at 661 S. Elm Street in Commerce to complete an application.