Communications and Development Director
Primary Role: The Communications and Development Director is responsible for increasing the fundraising capacity of Jackson County Habitat for Humanity (JCHFH) to help us build safe, decent affordable houses throughout the county. This rewarding role will be responsible for building relationships in the community including individuals, businesses, churches, organizations and foundations. The Communications and Development Director will implement fundraising strategies to accomplish fund development and capacity building initiatives identified in the three year capacity building plan.
· Build relationships with current donors and prospects and make personal visits, and perform follow-up activities focusing on growing the donor base.
· Participate in public speaking and outreach opportunities to share information about Habitat for Humanity’s goals and impact in the community.
· Serve on the Development Committee, guide and create a team approach for implementing fundraising techniques aimed at building and sustaining donors and prospects in a Pyramid of Giving.
· Coordinate signature special events including the Building Prosperity awareness event, annual Ante Up event, donor-related activities and recognition efforts.
· Identify, write and monitor grant requests for the affiliate. Ensure compliance requirements are met.
· Provide support to the Board Members and engage them as outlined in their personal development plan and schedule face-to-face meetings.
· Assist with follow-up calling, mailings, and other activities related to building strong donor relationships and enhancing donor confidence in the organization.
· Coordinate and oversee direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor enhancement mailings as needed.
· Oversee all administrative tasks associated with fundraising, including acquisition, solicitation, stewardship and monitoring of all donor data and relationships through Salesforce.
· Prepare regular reports that evaluate fundraising efforts, develop monthly progress reports on implementation status of the work plan and quarterly reports on the three year development plan.
Requirements: Exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as the ability to work some evenings and weekends. Requires a multi-skilled individual who can build long-term community and financial support for Habitat.
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, human services, English, journalism or related area. 2. Five or more years of resource development and/or communications experience, preferably in the Habitat movement, including annual fundraising, external communications, special events, graphic design and social media. 3. Proven track record in annual fundraising, grant writing, communication development and management, and special event coordination. 4. Superior written and verbal communication skills. 5. Ability to meet deadlines and motivate and support staff and volunteer leadership. 6. Attention to detail and commitment to leading the creation and execution of the plans assigned by the Executive Director. 7. Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, coworkers, and other Habitat staff. 8. Must have commitment to the Habitat mission and uphold its values and ethics. 9. Preference for a working knowledge of Salesforce software.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or send to Jackson County Habitat for Humanity, PO Box 424, Jefferson, GA 30529. Closing Date: 6/30/21 or until filled.
Employment Status: Full-Time – 40 hours
Reports to: Executive Director
Works with: Development Committee