* Assist with opening store each day by making sure store is clean, ready, has a welcoming appearance, and is safe for customers.
* Responsible for making sure donations are cleaned and priced according to the price guide.
* Check store daily to make sure items are priced correctly and adjust as needed under the direction of the ReStore Manager, and that merchandise is displayed pleasingly.
* Assist with training ReStore Volunteers.
* Assist donors dropping off donations and make sure they have a positive experience donating to the ReStore.
* Use good judgment to determine if the merchandise being donated is saleable.
* Assist in all aspects of the ReStore, checking/repairing, sorting/pricing, cashiering/customer service, loading/unloading, and moving merchandise.
* Assist with overseeing the organization, cleanliness, and operation of the back receiving room.
* Reconciling cash register and daily deposits, able to open and close store independently.
* Is familiar with functions of all office equipment (copier, fax, adding machines and cash register), and is proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and computer database management.
* High School diploma.
* Have a valid driver’s license.
* Be 18 years of age or older.
* Pass a drug test prior to employment, once offer of employment has been extended and accepted.
* Good communication skills and the ability to represent Habitat favorably to donors and the public.
* Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality.
* Dependable, motivated, and good problem-solving skills.
* Ability to lift heavy items, stand, squat, bend and climb in and out of truck.
* Knowledge of furniture moving techniques using hand-trucks and similar tools.
Hours: Full time employees will work up to 40 hrs. per week. Monday- Saturday.
Please send all correspondence to these positions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you or someone you know is interested, please go to the ReStore at 661 S. Elm Street in Commerce to complete an application.