Jackson County Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Part-time – 30 hours per week
Reports to Executive Director. The Construction Manager will provide key leadership at Jackson County Habitat for Humanity, Inc. to ensure excellent operations in all aspects of our construction programs. Encompassing site development, new home construction, home rehab, and exterior repairs. This position will lead all functions and be ultimately responsible for the attainment of annual production goals while delivering excellent, quality products in an efficient, safe, timely and professional manner. The Construction Manager requires strong leadership and creative problem solving, ability to flourish in a construction environment that chooses to work largely with an unskilled, volunteer force.
This is a Part Time Non-Exempt position, including some Saturday work.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
1+ years of comparable experience in the home-building industry including field supervisory experience.
- Georgia General Contractor’s License preferred but not required. Must have a good understanding of Georgia Building Code and building specifications.
- Experience developing single units including new construction and rehabilitation.
- A strong leader with the ability to develop volunteers through communication skills and personal example.
- Must have experience with managing construction costs. Must have a commitment to excellent stewardship of funds with a strong passion for the organization’s mission.
- Experience working with various agencies including county and city offices. Demonstrate good communication skills with subcontractors, and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, database software, and demonstrate the ability to learn new programs. Be efficient in corresponding by email.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with great energy and persistence.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Site Development: Provide feedback to Executive Director/land acquisitions committee in support of ongoing efforts to identify and secure developable land/properties (through donation or purchase) in support of the organization’s production goals.
- External Partnerships/Relationships: Must be able to establish and maintain or have a positive, existing relationship with Jackson County Planning and Zoning departments as well as other state and federal level agencies that partner with Jackson County Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- New Home/Rehab Construction: Must always ensure a safe and clean construction work site and be able to produce a quality product in an efficient, safe, timely, and professional manner according to all applicable regulations. This position is responsible for annually meeting established production goals within established budgets and timelines.
- Volunteer Management: This position is responsible for training and hosting volunteers as the frontline contact at build site. Must be committed to the volunteer component of our construction activity as defined in our mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the effective & efficient operation of the organization,
- This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. Must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete warehouse and construction site work.
- While the Jackson County Habitat for Humanity’s work environments are smoke-free and temperature controlled, some work may be in non-temperature-controlled conditions, often outdoors. This position requires persons who can safely lift at least 50lbs on a regular and frequent basis.
- Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackson County Habitat for Humanity is an EOE